The internet is a treasure trove of eligible women, especially if you sign up for an online dating website. As plentiful as the sea of singles may be, it can be a little overwhelming trying to find a great catch. Sure, you may come across some great contenders, but when it comes down to it, things can fall flat even before they get going!
If you experience this sort of let down more often than not, perhaps it’s not the people you’re meeting (or not meeting), but it is your profile that could be doing you dirty. Your profile is so important, whether you join a free online dating site or even a paid site. Keep reading if you want to know the best ways to appeal to someone, regardless of what dating site you decide to try.
1. Just Be You – When you join a free online dating service, you might feel inclined to embellish the truth because you may think that there is no way you could stand out among all the other singles on the site. Stop! Don’t even think about it! When you embellish the truth, you’re doing yourself a disservice, and you are also lying, and we all know that the truth always has a way of coming out, right? Just be yourself.
2. Don’t Use Boring Language – What we mean about using boring language on a free online dating site is don’t use phrases and words that appear on the majority of the profiles you see. For example, if you describe yourself as being laid back and carefree, you’ll probably get passed over because no one admits they are high strung—everyone is basically laid back. Instead, try to be more descriptive.
3. Tell Stories and Avoid Lists – Have you ever came across something and all it does is list things? It’s almost like you’re reading a grocery list! When you are filling out your profile, tell a story. People who read your profile should be able to picture how they will fit into your life, and they can do that when you describe things to them. For example, instead of listing some of the things you like to do, talk about a few experiences in detail. It’s a great way to draw interest and make people want to get to know you even more.
4. Avoid Sharing Too Much Information – While you may want to be upfront and honest with people about your past, some of your interests, and views, you don’t have to spill your guts on your profile. In fact, you want to put just enough information to draw attention and still have a little bit of mystery about you. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it can be a magnet on a free online dating site.
5. Carefully Choose Photographs – Unlike Facebook where you can post all sorts of photographs, the pictures you upload to your free online dating profile should have some thought behind it. Most free online dating sites give you a limited number of pictures you can have, so you’ll want to choose pictures that best exemplifies who you are as a person, as well as some of your interests and hobbies. When you choose the right photos, you will almost see an increase in how many messages you receive.
The information here is purely for entertainment purposes. No "sex tourism" or "sex travel" promotion is expressed or implied. Any opinion expressed is purely that of the author.